Tony Curtis quote - BE SOMEBODY!

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Not just a hooker: a whiz with fabric paint

I blogged recently about getting inspiration from fashion magazines; Today, I was truly inspired to do an exact duplicate of something I saw in Elle magazine's May edition. This is one of those times when I put my dearly loved crochet hook down and tried my hand at another craft. I think it’s important for any crafter to deviate from their primary creative outlet, and do something fun and different.
So …back to the picture in Elle. I saw this pair of jeans from Bloomingdale’s for $248. They had a fabulous gold star design to
elevate this jean from regular to fabulous with a few sparkles.  But that price tag is so far above what I’ve ever paid for a pair of jeans, it was laughable. So, I did what any crafter would do and hit the supply store. I got some glittery gold fabric paint, a star stencil and a stencil sponge. Then I hit a retail store for a pair of skinny, dark-wash jeans. About an hour of careful stenciling later and the jeans are looking every bit as fabulous as the pair from Bloomingdales. I can’t WAIT until they dry and I can stencil the backside ….and then, of course, head out on the town in my new gold-star rip-off jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment