Tony Curtis quote - BE SOMEBODY!

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finding Inspiration

My latest guilty pleasure is spending an hour in the bookstore looking at magazines. It’s the cheapest (free) and best way to get inspiration for new ideas. I’ll look at knitting magazines, craft magazines, fashion magazines, even women’s journal publications. It’s not always a literal translation; I look at color, what’s hot on the runway, what patterns are in, i.e. polka-dots, plaid and stripes.
My latest inspiration is a turban I saw in a fashion magazine. I added turbans to the ScarfCity line last year, but this picture gave me an idea on how to spice up the pattern I created for that item.  I went shopping today at a high-end boutique …well, window shopping anyway. Amongst the $300-$500 jeans, shoes and clothes I found a bevy of inspiring ideas, including using an old pair of jeans and adding some leather …irrr, pleather to make CHAPS!          
Inspiration can come from anywhere, as long as you keep your mind open to new ideas and push yourself to create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment