Tony Curtis quote - BE SOMEBODY!

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Getting organized in the off season

Last year was a beast. It was the first year I worked full time and still kept a grueling pace of selling at craft fairs. In the months of November and December I went non-stop. I was out of gas and near dead by Christmas. The really painful part was not being fully stocked for many craft fairs. It’s a craft show nightmare to have an empty table at the end of the day. Shoppers NEVER buy when they feel they are getting the picked over merchandise.
It’s April and I am “at it” already. I’m building my stock at a moderate pace. I’m determined to hit this holiday craft season with enough merchandise to last the entire season. Here’s my tried and true method of pushing myself to accomplish this goal.
1.       Set quotas, stick to them and reward yourself when you do. I set my quota somewhere between the rabbit and hare. I don’t want to kill myself but I want to get everything done in time.
2.       Start with you best-selling items and work your way to the fun, creative stage. I like to add a few new items each year, but I know I need to start with proven items.
3.       Bulk up your supplies before you start. If you have make constant trips to the craft store during production mode, you will waste a lot of time.
Don’t forget to be inspired…

No comments:

Post a Comment