Tony Curtis quote - BE SOMEBODY!

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." - Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Value of a Consultation

I was feeling a little wishy washy about the direction I wanted ScarfCity to go this fall. Do I need new items? If so, what and why? Which of my iffy selling items should I cut, if any? How do I advance my line of products in the right direction without re-hashing the same old thing? As I wrapped up my spring craft fairs I ended up vending next to an old friend who knows my line almost as good as I do. In the course of our conversation I got a clear view of what my next steps should be from listening to her point of view.
It’s a good thing to keep in mind if you’re on the bubble about something. Find someone you trust and ask them to look at your problem objectively. Then, toss in your grain of salt and make a plan of action.
The result for me is this fantastic new garment that I will duplicate and add to my collection this fall. It’s a multi-functional shawl, wrap and scarf all in one. It’s one of few things I will add to my line. I will also be discontinuing some things and changing others. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment